As because of its enhanced look i was thinking to make Red velvet cake. And as a reason Shazzy selected red velvet theme for Home bakers challenge. Here i used liquid food colour for the reddish. But as a healthy recipe you can add beetroot instead of artificial colours. There is no special frosting and much flavours used in this cake, but still its delicious and smooth like a velvet.
RED VELVET CAKE
Recipe from : Sprinkle Bakers
serves : 8
- Flour - 2 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 2 cup
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Butter - 200 g
- Egg - 2
- Cocoa powder - 1 tbsp
- Buttermilk - 1 cup
- Red colour ( liquid ) - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- Vinegar - 1 tbs
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Combine flour and salt.
- Beat butter and sugar antil light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time. Beat well after each addition. Blend in vanila essence
- Add flour mixture to the sugar butter mixture with buttermilk. Beginning and ending with flour.
- In a small bowl mix 1 1/2 tbsp colour and 1 tbsp cocoa powder until a paste form. Add this to the sugar mixture.
- In another bowl mix together baking soda and vinegar. Pour to the batter immediately and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking tin and bake @ 180 degree for 35 - 40 minute or a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Top with some whipping cream and garnish with red velvet crumbs.