For february month home bakers challenge was host by siri of Brave cook. She challenged us with some macarons, whoopie pie, cheesecake and some neapolitan cakes. I choose neapolitan cup cake. Thanks Siri and Priya.
Neapolitan cup cake... here we are going to give a city's name for a cup cake. Neapolitan is the another name for the Naples city in Italy. Not only a cup cake, there are lots of Neapolitan dishes, Neapolitan ice cream, Neapolitan Wafers, Neapolitan sauce and Neapolitan pizza. Here we will discuss about Neapolitan cup cake, remainings we will try by time. In sha allah.
Neapolitan cup cakes are layers of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry coming together via a deliciously sweet mixed fruit jam. Actually strawberry jam or strawberry frosting are using, but here we are using mixed fruit jam. Other than a cup cake we can make this as a baking cake also. This neapolitan cake is also known as ' the heaven on earth '.
Recipe adapted from : My baking addiction
. Flour / maida - 2 1/4 cup
. Baking powder - 1 tbsp
. Egg white - 4
. Milk - 1 1/4 cup
. Salt - 1/4 tsp
. Sugar - 1 1/2 cup
. Butter - 100 g
. Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
. Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
. Mixed fruit jam / strawberry jam - 1/4 cup
1. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In an another bowl Whisk egg white and milk.
3. In a mixing bowl beat butter and sugar until light. Beat in vanilla essence.
4. Add both flour and egg mixture to the butter mixture, half at a time, beating well until blended.
5. Divide the batter into thirds.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degree for 18 - 20 minutes.
9. Or just bake a cake... thats also delicious.