For this month home bakers challenge, host by Priya Suresh. She challenge us with many french recipes. I choose french sables and faluche du nord. Thanks priya for this wonderful recipe. My kids love this.
Sables is a french short bread bisuits. The french word sables means sand. Sables is very soft and crispy.
. Flour - 2 1/2 cup
. Butter - 1 cup ( 200 g )
. Sugar - 1/2 cup
. Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp
. Milk/ water - 1 tsp
1. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add vanilla essence and beat for few minutes.
2. Add flour and mix well to form a smmoth dough.
3. Roll the dough and flatten with a rolling pin between 2 baking sheets.
4. Using a cookie cutter, cut the sables.
5. Bake at 180 degree for 15 to 18 minutes or till light brown colour.