For Home bakers challenge group, Gayathri challenged us with great 4 recipes. I am very thrilled to try the 4 recipes. Usually i am making sweet items. So i want to try something different and decided savoury. And will try the rest whenever i get time. I am using chicken for this item, but you can use corn, paneer etc instead of chicken. Anyway thanks gayathri for your wonderful challenge.
Ingredients for dough :
1. Flour - 2 cup
2. Instant yeast - 1 1/2 tsp
3. Egg - 1 ( lightly beaten )
4. Curd - 1 tbsp
5. Salt - 1/2 tsp
6. Sugar - 1 1/2 tsp
7. Milk - 1/2 cup
1. Pizza sauce - 1/2 cup
2. Mozzarella cheese - 100 g
3. Chicken - small 5-6 boneless pieces
4. Onion - 1
5. Capsicum - 1/2
6. Dried oregano - 1/2 tsp
7. Dried basil - 1/2 tsp
1. Cook the chicken pieces with some red chilly powder, salt and pepper powder. Heat 1 tsp in a pan and just stir fry the chicken and cut into small pieces.
1. In a large bowl combine together flour, yeast , sugar, salt, curd and egg. Mix well with your hands.
2. Now add enough milk and knead till it forms a soft dough. Continue to knead till the dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Shape the dough into a ball and place in a well oiled bowl. Cover with a cling wrap and leave in a warm place to rise till double in size. ( 40 - 50 min )
4. Deflate the dough and roll out into a rectangle.
5. Spread pizza sauce all over the rectangle. Sprinkle oregano and basil over the sauce.
6. Add sliced onion, Chopped capsicum and chicken pieces. Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese.
7. Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese.
8. Starting at the long end, roll the dough tightly to form a log and slice into 1- inch pieces.
9. Place the rolls on greased baking pan and bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until browned on top.
fresh out of oven.....