Here is the third challenge from International-food-Challenge, hosted by priya suresh. She challenged with 5 different recipes from campania cuisine of italy. I choose mozzarella in carrozza recipe. Thanks priya for this great recipe. And thanks to sobhana and saraswathi for this wonderful challenge.
There are various cuisine in italy and compania is one among them. Companias cuisine is mainly on herbs, vegetables, pasta and cheese. Mozzarella in carrozza is a classic recipe. In carrozza means in a carriage.
Recipe source : campania
. White bread slice - 8 crust removed
. Flour - 1/4 cup
. Egg - 2
. !/4 tsp salt
1. Place 4 bread slices on a flat surface.
2. Top with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle some pepper powder and a pinch of salt.
3. Close with the other bread slice and trim the edges.
4. Make a thick paste with flour and enough water.
5.Apply flour paste to the e sides. It acts as a glue.
6. In a small bowl beat the egg with salt and pepper. Dip the sandwich in egg and keep aside.
7. Heat oil in a pan and fry the sandwich both sides.
8. Turn to a tissue paper.