Pan Dulce or Conchas is one of the main treats in mexico. This bread is considered to be one of Mexico's most inexpensive treats and is consumed daily as breakfast.
Mexican Conchas bread is a crunchy one with fluffy inside. Normally conchas wont dip in sugar, But here i dipped it in sugar for more crunchiness. Its an optional method for you. Here i used food colours and cocoa powder for the cookie dough.You can use vanilla powder or cinnamon powder. These are the best eaten the day they made.
Recipe : All recipes
. Flour - 4 cup
. Butter - 1/3 cup
. Instant yeast - 2 1/2 tsp
. Sugar - 3/8 cup
. Salt - 1/2 tsp
. egg - 1
. Milk - 1 cup
For topping :
. Butter - 100 g
. Flour - 1 cup
. Sugar - 2/3 cup
. Cocoa powder
. Red, green colour.
1. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, melted butter, salt, egg and yeast. Mix well with your hands.
2. Gradually add milk and knead until the dough is smooth. Knead for 10 minutes, until soft and elastic.
3. Shape the dough into a round and place in a well oiled grease bowl and turn it to coat well. Cover with cling wrap and allow the dough to double in volume, about 1 hour.
4. Make topping : Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Stir in the flour and beat together until just combined.
5. Add colour of your choice and mix well. wrap and refrigerate the cookie dough.
6. Once the dough has doubled, divide the dough into 12 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Also devide the cookie dough into 12 pieces.
7. Flatten the cookie dough and place on top of the dough balls. Roll in sugar ( its optional ).
9. Place on a greased baking sheet and let rise until doubled
10. Preheat the oven to 200 degree and bake for 20 - 22 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. These are the best eaten the day they made.