Wednesday 9 July 2014

ARABIC HONEY CASHEW CAKE



For may month Home bakers challenge  was host by dear Rafeeda of Big sweet tooth . She challenged us with Arabic cuisine. 3 savoury and 3 sweet dishes. I choose Arabic honey cashew cake. Thanks rafeeda for this recipe, my kids really love this. Sorry for the delay Rafeeda.




Recipe : The wanderlust kitchen.
Ingredients : 

1. Butter -  1/3 cup
2. Egg - 3
3. Brown sugar - 1/4 cup
4. Vanila essence - 1/2 tsp
5. Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
6. Flour - 1/2 cup

For topping :

1. Butter - 1/2 cup
2. Sugar - 1/4 cup
3. Brown sugar - 1/4 cup
4. Honey - 1/3 cup
5. Cashew / Almond - 1/2 cup
6. Cinnamon - 1/2 tsp

Method :

1. Beat together egg, sugar and vanilla essence till the mixture whitens in colour.

2. Add melted butter and mix well.

3. Combine flour and baking powder, then add to the egg mixture.

4. Pour into a greased baking tin and bake for 10 - 12 minutes.

5. Meanwhile,  melt butter in a medium pan. Over medium flame add sugar, honey , cashew and cinnamon.

6. Bring to boil and stirring constantly.

7. Pour topping gently on cake and return to oven for 15 minutes.





6 comments:

  1. Cake looks delicious.. Happy to see u back dear..

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow... just look at that gooey cake... too good dear... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drooling....... Cake looks yummy and delicious !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao Femi and greetings from California. This cake looks awesome. I can already imagine me enjoying a slice with a cup of coffee. I am a first time visitor and love that I get to see cuisine from around the world and from places I may not have a chance to visit. Great job Femi!
    I also write a blog about food but with my thoughts on life and family. Please visit. Maybe follow. That would be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started. If you need natural honey ping us

    ReplyDelete