For this month home bakers challenge host by Priya Suresh . She challenge us with many french recipes. I choose faluche du nord and french sables. Thanks priya for this great recipe.
Faluche is a traditional bread in france. Faluche is a pale white bread that is soft and fairly dense. It is neither a round nor flat bread but looks like a small soccer ball. It may be eaten hot at breakfast with butter and jam or with some chocolate spread.
. Flour - 2 1/4 cup
. Water 1/2 cup
. Salt - 1/2 tsp
. Yeast - 1 tsp
. Olive oil - 2 tbsp
. Oil - 1 tsp
1. Add yeast and salt in lukewarm water and keep aside until it turns frothy.
2. Taking flour in a bowl and add yeast mix, olive oil and knead every thing as a smooth and soft dough.
3. Transfer the dough to a greased bowl and sit in a warm place for 1.30 hour.
4. Remove dough and sprinkle enough flour in a working surface
5. Roll the dough as a large disc with enough thickness.
6. With a round shape cutter make medium size round shape discs.
7. Place it in a flour dusted baking sheet, let sit rise for an another hour.
8. Preheat the oven 180 degree. Brush the top with oil and sprinkle some flour on top.
9. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes.