Kiwi is also known as chinese gooseberry. Kiwi fruit has an unbeatable taste and natural goodness like vitamins, potassium, dietary fiber and magnesium. What i like the most in it is, its low amount of sodium cholesterol and saturated fat. In kerala, only some selected hypermarkets we will get kiwi. But next time when you get it dont forget to make it. Once you taste it and next time when you hear the name kiwi, it the cake that runs over your mind.
Kiwi walnut cake is a very tasty dish you can make easy and fast. One thing you have to care about is the kiwi fruit should be sweet, otherwise we will get a sourness. We can use kiwi in it by chopped or grated. And for supporting kiwi, i used walnuts. But any nut you can use as per your choice.
recipe adapted from here
. Sugar - 3/4 cup
. Butter - 100 g
. Flour - 1 1/3 cup
. Baking powder - 2 tsp
. Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
. Lemon juice - 1 tsp
. Egg - 2
. Kiwi - 4
. Mashed banana - 1
. Walnut - 3/4 - 1 cup
1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Keep aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
3. Add mashed banana to the sugar butter mixture and mix.
4. Add eggs 1 by one. Beat well after each addition.
5. Add lemon juice and chopped kiwi. Mix gently.
6. Add flour mixture to the butter kiwi mixture and blend until just incorporated.
7. Add chopped walnut and mix well.
8. Scrape the batter into a greased baking pan and bake 30 - 35 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.