Recipe adapted from here
. Flour - 2 cup
. Sugar - 1 1/4 cup
. Baking powder - 1 tsp
. Butter - 3/4 cup
. Egg yolk - 3
. Vanilla essence - 2 tsp
. Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
1. Mix flour, sugar and baking powder.
2. Cut the butter into small pieces and mix with flour mixture. It looks like mealy.
3. Add egg yolk and vanilla essence. Mix well until dough forms.
4. Divide the dough into halves. Add cocoa powder into 1 half.
5. Roll out each half of the dough into rectangle in a butter paper.( same size )
6. Slice each rectangle into lengthwise into strips.(Each one is 12 )
8. Place 2 more on top of placing opposite colors on top of each other.
9. Repeat until the check board is 3 strips high. Repeat.
10. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until firm ( 1 hour ).
11. Unwrap and slice into 1/4 inch slices.
13. Bake at 180 degree for 8 - 10 minutes or until firm.