I joined a wonderful group, baking eggless group start by Gayathri. For this month challenge Gayathri suggested cinnamon swirl brioche. Thanks gayathri for your lovely selection.
Brioche is a french pastry and it contains high amount of eggs and butter. Original recipe needs lots of eggs in it. In the beginning i dont even think about to replacing 8 eggs from it. But afterwards i realized without eggs my brioche become more crispy outside and soft inside. Now its delicious than before.
Recipe source : here
. Flour / maida - 2 cup
. Instant yeast - 1 tsp + a pinch
. Butter - 1 1/2 tbsp
. Honey - 1/2 tbsp
. Salt - 1/2 tsp
. Sugar - 1 tbsp
. Warm milk for kneading
. Unsalted butter - 2 tbsp
. Brown sugar - 4 tbsp
. Cinnamon powder - 1 1/2 tsp
1. Combine flour, instant yeast, softened butter, honey, salt and sugar.
2. Add enough milk and begin to knead slowly. Continue to knead for 5 minutes or till the dough is elastic and stretchy.
3. Shape the dough into a ball and placed in a well oiled bowl. Cover with a cling film and leave in a warm place to rise till double in size. ( 45 to 1.30 hour )
4. Deflate the dough and roll out into a rectangle with 1/2 inch thickness.
5. Mix the filling ingredients.
6. Spread filling all over the dough.
7. Roll the dough starting lengthwise and seal the edges.
8. Cut the loaf in half lengthwise.
9. Turn halves and cut sides are faced up.
10. Slightly pinch the two end and braided the dough with cut sides up.
11. Transfer the dough, with cut sides up to a greased baking tin.
12. Cover with cling film and allow to rise till double in size.
13. Bake at 180 degree for 25- 30 minutes until the the top is golden brown colour.