I am a part of international food challenge group initiated by sara of sarasyummybites and shobhana of kitchen secrets and snippets. Their mission is to learn new recipes from all around the world. This is the first challenge of the group and for this month is cantonese recipes from chinese cuisine. Cantonese cuisine also named yue cuisine or guangdong cuisine is one of the main cuisine in china.
For this month challenge i choose scallion pancake with dipping sauce.
recipe source : food network
. Maida / flour - 2 cup
. Salt - 1/2 tsp
. Boiling water - 1 cup
. Vegetable oil - 3 tbs
. Scallion / spring onion - 2 cup thinly sliced
1. Mix flour, salt, and water. Make a smooth dough with enough boiling hot water. Knead dough until smooth and soft.
2. Cover with a plastic wrap and keep aside for 20 min.
3. Divide dough into 5-6 balls. roll each one into ball.
4. Place the dough into a floured surface and roll out into a thin circle.
5. Spread 1 tsp oil over the dough.
6. Sprinkle salt and chopped spring onion.
7. Roll the pancake up from one end like a rug and then curl the roll around in a spiral and punch the end. So it stays wrapped.
8. With the palm of your hand press the roll and flatten it.
9. Roll the pancake out to 1/8 th inch thickness.
10. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, cook the pan cake until golden.
11. Drain on paper towel and season with salt.
. Soya sauce - 1/2 cup
. Vinegar - 1/4 cup
. Toasted sesame oil - 2 tsp
. Crumbled dried red chilly - 1/2 tsp
. Toasted sesame seeds - 1/2 tsp
1. Mix all dipping ingredients and serve with scallion pancakes.