. Cocoa powder - 25 g
. Boiling hot water - 1/4 cup
. Flour - 1 1/2 cup
. Baking powder - 1 1/4 tsp
. Salt - 1/4 tsp
. Unsalted butter -200 g
. Powdered sugar 1 cup
. Egg - 4
. Vanilla essence 1 tsp
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a bowl mix cocoa powder with boiling water and keep aside.
3. Using an electric beater beat butter and sifted sugar until cream and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one by one and beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla essence and cocoa mixture.
5. With mixer on low speed add the flour and mix only until combined.
6. Pour this to a greased baking pan. And bake 50 - 55 minutes.
8. Grated some cooking chocolate in a small sauce pan. And melt this at low flame. Or double boiling method.
9. Pour 1/2 of this chocolate on 1 layer.
10. Spread this.
11. Then cover this with the 2 nd layer cake and pour the remaining chocolate over the top of the cake.