Nutty date is a smooth and tasty dish which everyone gonna love. It is rich in dates so it got all the nutrients from dates for a health. A best cake for date lovers.
I got this recipe from David Lebovitz. But he using rum for soaking dates and i replaced rum with orange juice. One of the highlight is it doesn't contains any oil and only one tbsp butter is using. So its a heart friendly too. We need high quality dates for this item, because more quality will more taste for it. When i prepared Nutty date cake, my family love it a lot, everyone is saying its just amazing. So thanks to Mr. David Lebovitz
. Dates - 1 1/4 cup diced and pitted
. Orange juice - 1 1/2 tbsp
. Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
. Egg - 2
. Flour / maida - 1 cup
. Sugar - 1 cup
. Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
. Butter - 1 tbsp
. Hot water - 1 tbsp
. Salt - 1/4 tsp
. Nuts - 1 cup
1. Toss the chopped dates in orange juice and let sit for one hour.
2. Combine flour, salt and baking powder.
3. In another bowl beat egg and sugar until light and creamy. Mix in the butter, vanilla essence and hot water.
4. Mix flour mixture to the egg sugar mixture and combine well.
5. Use a spatula to stir in the dates and nuts.
6. Spoon the mixture into a prepared pan and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.