I am part of home bakers challenge group started by priya suresh. This month host by nalini and she challenged with 5 different recipes. I choose spooky witches fingers. Thank you nalini for this recipe and my kids really love this.
Mainly this spooky witches are prepared for halloween. Its very fun to make. Almonds act as finger nails. If you want red colour on nails, After baking remove almond from each cookie and squeeze a small amount of red gel or red colour jam into cavity. Replace the almond to cause the gel to ooze out .
Recipe source : all recipes
. Butter - 1 cup softened
. Sugar - 1 cup
. Egg - 1
. Almond extract - 1 tsp
. Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
. Flour / maida - 2 2/3 cup
. Baking powder - 1 tsp
. Salt -1/2 tsp
. Almond - 3/4 cup
1. Combine butter, sugar, egg, almond extract and vanilla essence in a bowl. Beat together with an electric beater.
2. Gradually add flour, baking powder and salt. Continually beating.
3. Refrigerate the dough to 20 - 30 minutes.
4. After firm take small amount of dough and shape into a finger. Press one almond into end of each cookie to give the appearance of a long finger nail.
5. Make marks with a sharp knife on dough to give impression of knuckles.
6. Preheat the oven and line baking sheets.
7. Arrange the cookies on baking sheets or use normal pan without baking sheets.
8. Bake until cookies are slightly golden colour.