. Flour - 4 cup
. Instant yeast - 1 1/4 tsp
. Milk powder 1 1/2 tbsp
. Oil - 5 tbsp
. Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
. Sugar - 1 1/2 tsp
. Egg - 1
. Salt- 1 tsp
. Butter - 1 1/2 tbsp
. Warm milk
. Meat - 150 g [ any meat you can use] i used beef
. Onion 1/2 k - cut into small pieces
. Ginger paste - 1 tsp
. Garlic paste 1 tsp
. Curry leaves- few
. Coriander leaves- few
. Green chilli - 5 or 6
. Pepper powder - as per your taste
. Salt - to taste
. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
. Chilly powder - 1 tsp
. Garam masala - 1 tsp or more as per your taste
Method for filling :
2. Take a pan put some oil and few curry leaves then add the cooked meat. And fry the meat a little. Then mince meat with your hands.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, green chilli, ginger garlic paste. Saute until onion get brown colour.
4. Add pepper powder, 1/2 tsp chilly powder, curry leaves and chopped coriander leaves.
5. Adjust salt. Add minced chicken pieces. Saute for couple of seconds. remove from fire. Keep aside.
Method for dough :
1. Sieve the flour 2 times.
2. Add oil, butter, milk powder, sugar, yeast, salt and egg. Mix well with your hands.
3. Now start kneading with lightly warm milk and make a smooth dough.
4. Knead the dough 10 minutes with some drops of oil.
5. Cover in a bowl and set aside for 1 hour or until it double in size.
6. After 1 hour take a portion of dough. Dust some flour on your working surface and roll out into a rectangle shape.
7. Put slits in one end of the rectangle.
8. Put some meat filling on the other end of the rectangle.
10. Place the cutted threads over the fold piece. And give a slight curve to the caterpillar. I used 2 mustard as eyes.
11. Let the dough sit for 1/2 hour. After 1/2 hour brush some egg wash on top.
12. Take a baking tray and line with foil paper then place the caterpillar.
13. Bake at 180 degree for 15 to 20 min until golden colour. The time is vary with difeerent type oven
14. Remove from oven and cover with a kitchen towel for 10 minutes.