I am a part of International-food-Challenge group initiated by sara of sarasyummybites and sobhana of kitchen secrets and snippets. Their mission is to learn new recipes from all around the world. April month challenge was bavarian bun from german cuisine. I know its too late to post. It was on vaccation time and i was busy with my family. Sorry for the delay saraswathi.
. flour : 500 g
. Sugar - 40 g
. Salt - 6 g
. Yeast - 2 1/4 tsp
. Butter - 100 g
. Milk - 300 ml
Milk mixture :
. Milk - 3oo ml
. Sugar - 2 tbsp
. Milk - 50 g
. Salt - pinch
1. Mix flour,sugar and salt.
2. In a pan heat milk and add butter to it. Once butter melts, turn off heat and allow to cool.
3. Pour milk mixture into prepared flour mixture. And knead it to soft dough or in beater, in 2 settings. Knead for 8 - 10 minutes.
4. The dough should not stick and should be very soft.
5. Cover with cling film and allow to rise.
6. Knead again and divide into 8 portions. Cover and rest for 10 minutes.
7. Heat milk until butter melts allow it to cool.
8. In a cast iron pan or a heavy bottemed pan, pour half of the milk and arrange the balls and pour remaining milk.
9. Cover and proof for 10 minutes.
10. Bake for 30 minutes. Then place on stove top for 15 minutes. We must use a iron pan or hard body pan for this. Otherwise it will stick at the bottom. so just take care of that.