This is one of the ramadan special in malabar sides. This is very simple and easy to make.One of the benefits of this is we dont need to use much oil for this. Using maida batter at the sides will act as a glue and help from breaking the layers. Here i used simple chicken filling. You can also use any type of filling. This is a small version of chatti pathiri / athisaya pathiri.
. Maida / flour - 1 cup
. Egg - 2
. Chicken filling : recipe is
1. Mix maida, egg and salt with enough water. Its a medium thin batter.
2. Heat a non stick pan. Gently pour a very small laddle of batter and spread the batter with the laddle like pan cakes. Cook on medium flame. Smear 1/2 tsp oil.
3. Remove from pan and put some filling on the center.
4. First fold the 2 long sides. Then fold other 2 sides. Use maida batter at the sides will act as a glue.
5. Beat 1 egg and pinch of salt with a spoon.
6. Now heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick pan. Dip the stuffed pathiri on egg and cook both sides till brown colour.
7. Remove and serve with ketchup.