. Fish - 7 or 8 pieces
. Onion - 2 [ not too big ]
. Green chilli - 4
. Tomato -1 1/2
. Ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
. Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
. Curry leaves
. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
. Coriander powder - 1 tsp
. Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
. Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
. Coconut oil or any other oil
. Vinegar - 1 1/2 tbsp
. First coconut milk - 1 cup [ thick]
. Second coconut milk - 2 cup
1. Onion cut into lengthwise and tomato cut into round shape.
2. Cut and clean the fish pieces.
3. Marinate the fish pieces with kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt with little water. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
3. Shallow fry the marinated fish pieces.
4. Take a clay pot or pan. Heat some oil.
5. Add onion, salt, green chilly and curry leaves. Saute well.
6. Add ginger garlic paste. Saute till the onion get light brown colour.
7. Add 1 tomato. Stir gently.
8. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and pepper powder. Fry for 3 minutes at very low flame.
9. Add second coconut milk and bring to boil.
10. After boil add the fried fish pieces.
11. Cover and cook for 3-4 min at medium flame.
12. After 5 minutes turn the fish pieces very carefully.
13. Again cook for 3 or 4 minutes at medium flame.
14. Add first coconut milk, 1/2 tomato and vinegar [ tomato cutted in round shape]
15. When it is about to boil turn off the gas.
16. Remove and garnish with curry leaves.