. Sugar - 1/3 cup + 1/2 cup
. Water - 1/4 cup
. Lemon juice - 1 tbsp fresh
. Cornflour - 1 tsp
. Strawberry - 2 cup
. Flour - 1 cup
. Baking powder - 1 3/4 tsp
. Salt - 1 tsp
. Egg - 1
. Milk - 1/2 cup
. Butter - 100 g ( melted and cooled )
. Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
1. Combine 1/3 cup sugar, water, lemon juice and cornflour in a small sauce pan, then stir in strawberries.
2. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup sugar.
4. In another bowl mix milk, butter and vanilla essence. Then add flour mixture, mix until just combined.
5. Spoon batter into a greased baking tin. Slowly pour strawberry over batter.